Working with Agents Checklist
Looking to promote your school, program or service to Chinese student recruiters, agents & institutions?
TIPS for Educators outside of China
• Give priority application review to prospective students
• Publish Chinese-friendly school materials
• Give financial aid to agent recommended students
• Create a consistent strategy that meets your goals • Maintain frequent communication with that network
• Make multiple visits to China per year
• Employ a local office or local representative
Want to know more about our member agencies?
FIRST TWO STEPS
First: Understanding your needs and the market
a. What types of Chinese students are you looking to recruit?
b. What does the Chinese market already know about your school?
Second: Finding the right match with agents
a. Based on your needs, what are your expectations of an agent?
b. Will the agent(s) be transparent and open with you?
Effective collaboration (non-partnership) still requires a period of trial and growth, especially if current recognition in China is low.
TIPS ON SELECTING AGENTS
Understand what your institution wants to achieve and clarify this with your potential agents
Understand who your agents are and what they want out of their relationship with your institution
Clearly identify your institution’s current difficulties and determine whether these issues should be resolved internally or with the help of agents
What motivates your agents? How do they motive their frontline staff to promote your university?
What have you offered to keep their interest?
Why did you select each of your agents?
How does their combined coverage fulfill your needs?
If you are selecting agents for both marketing and recruiting purposes, how do you set appropriate evaluation criteria? Have you bench-marked your results against other universities?
Having China office support allows your institution to have a Rep to:
• Conduct student interviews
• Attend Education fairs
• Hold Recruitment tours
• Host 'focused events' (admittance, faculty seminars, etc.)
• Frequent training of counselors, agents, consultants
• Utilize current student or alumni outreach
The Study Abroad Student Consultation Model
BOSSA Member Agency Profiles
New Oriental Vision Overseas Consulting Co., Ltd. was established in 2004 as a subsidiary company of the publicly traded corporation, New Oriental Education & Technology Group Inc, which was founded in 1993 by three Peking University classmates, Yu Minhong, Wang Qiang, and Xu Xiaoping, New Oriental is listed on the NYSE and is possibly the most internationally recognized Chinese brand for internationally educative services.
Vision Overseas is dedicated to providing professional counseling and recruitment services to students who desire to study abroad.
Due to the differences between the Chinese education system and that of western countries, selecting and applying to the right institution can be quite a challenge for prospective students. Similarly, this situation exists when institutions reach out to recruit Chinese students.
Two Unique Programs
Tailored and incorporated with the counseling services to best prepare students with their written communication skills and cultural awareness understanding, these two programs have won high recognition from students as a result of the noticeable qualitative improvement in skills and understanding.
College Prep Mentor program at New Oriental is designed for high school students who desire to pursue undergraduate studies at top universities. In this program, tailored schemes are provided by mentors for each individual focused on academic training, extracurricular activities, and personal career coaching services.
College Application Workshop is a prestigious program aimed to mentor, coach, and prepare high achieving high school students with their application for education abroad and a plan for their future academic and career path. Through small and large group brainstorming sessions, these talented students are encouraged to connect their past experiences with future aspirations while also increasing their leadership, teamwork, and communication skills.
As they consider future studies abroad, workshop participants are encouraged to be proactive and self-sufficient in the pursuit of higher education.
Additional Services - Landing, Post departure services
Counselling service, Visa application & processing
New Oriental Education
• 2.4 million student enrollments ﬁscal year ended May 2012 (50% English language and 50% test prep), CAGR 41%
• Known for a one to many lecture style where teachers lecture to 50-500 students at a time
• Largest provider of private educational services in China based on the number of program offerings, total student enrollments and geographic presence.
• Services: English and other foreign language training, test preparation courses for admissions and assessment tests in the United States, the PRC and Commonwealth countries, primary and secondary school education, development and distribution of educational content, software and other technology, and online education
• Margins decreasing due to decreasing class sizes
• 45.4% total net revenues from operations in Beijing, Shanghai, Wuhan and Guangzhou
• Language and test prep represent 86% of revenue
• 55 schools, 609 learning centers and 32 bookstores operated by us, over 5,000 third-party bookstores and approximately 17,600 teachers in 49 cities as of May 31, 2012
• 360 FT staff involved in curriculum development
• English training: 214k adult students, 305k middle and high school students, and 620k children English students (100-3,5000RMB/course)
• Test prep course students: 340k overseas test prep, 414k PRC test prep, 352k gaokao test prep (150-25,000RMB/course)
ShareWithU was founded in Philadelphia, USA in the fall of 2009 by a group of young Chinese studying at top US business schools and previously immersed in the internet field who dreamed of shaping Chinese elite legacy. Realizing the importance of sharing for achieving success, its founders decided to name the company ShareWithU to Beijing.
Our Mission To build the premier educational and professional networking platform for Chinese educated elites to help them excel in both their personal and professional lives.
ShareWithU’s students have been accepted to top schools all over Europe and America, including Harvard, Yale, MIT, Pennsylvania, Oxford and Cambridge.
Early Investment As an innovative internet service company with a unique vision on educational consulting, ShareWithU has caught the attention of the world’s top level investors. When ShareWithU’s founders were still in university in September 2010, they achieved 2,000,000 USD funds from BlueRun Ventures. In 2011, ShareWithU succeeded in 15,000,000 USD funds from Morningside, BlueRun and other top venture companies
WHAT WE DO
ShareWithU Group consists of 2 divisions, a recruitment agency and a powerful on-line community
1. Elite Community Limited (lx.sharewithu.com) is an educational consulting agency specialized in providing an integrated overseas study service.
2. ShareWithU Online Community (www.sharewithu.com) is China’s largest and most useful online community for future and current overseas Chinese. It currently has over 120,000 active users and 700,000 registered users. The number is growing at a speed of 2,000 new users per day.
During its short history, ShareWithU has achieved what has taken traditional companies in the industry 10 years or longer to reach. Since 2010, of all applicants from mainland China who entered into Top20 MBA programs in US, 30% used ShareWithU’s platform.
Beijing Dragon Horse Chinese & Foreign Entrepreneurs Services Co., Ltd.
Beijing Dragon Horse Chinese & Foreign Entrepreneurs Services Co., Ltd. was set up in 2000 and was affiliated with Chinese Public Relations Association. The number of the employees has amounted to 44 and its business includes America, Canada, Australia, U.K., Hong Kong, Singapore, Germany, France, South Korea, and Japan. Every year hundreds of students are sent abroad and among the applicants, the senior middle school students take up 30 percent, undergraduate students take up 40 percent, master and doctor students take up 29 percent, and remainders take up 1 percent.
According to American visa laws, the visa preparation and stimulation training has been practiced with the integration of “one to one” and “several to one” forms. The preparation for visa has been based on the characteristics of the students’ languages and family backgrounds. The visa rate was 98 percent in 2010, 99.1 percent in 2011 and 99.8 in 2012.
BOSSA & COSSA National Members (not all listed)
Elite Education International
Elite Education International (EEI) is an international education organization based in Beijing China. EEI aims to provide services to top qualified Chinese students in achieving their goals to become international professionals. Our services are delivered via Joint education and articulation program with Chinese institutions and through direct recruitment to overseas institutions. Students enrolled in the joint education and articulation program are selected by the Chinese National College Entrance Examinations.
- EEI has a strong network of the Chinese colleges/universities and recruitment organization partners in China. EEI values partnership opportunities and acts as a bridge role to promote and manage the joint education program and articulation program between the Chinese institutions and the international institutions, in accordance with regulations and implementation methods on Chinese-Foreign Cooperation in Running Schools. Through the cooperative education program the two schools aim to share the outstanding educational resources and carry out reform on the curriculum structure, teaching methodology and course content in the cooperative field. Join EEI for partnership with Chinese institutions and to explore your international initiative.
- EEI provides the following services to overseas education institutions:
- Student placement in overseas studies (US, UK, Australia, Canada, Europe and so on)
- International student study abroad in China
- Assist international institutions develop joint education program and articulation program with Chinese institutions.
- Assist international institutions develop sister schools with Chinese institutions
- Short term program: summer/winter program
- Assist Chinese student to apply for study/work in abroad
- Visit arrangement service for international institutions to China, visa invitation letters, attend education fairs in China.
- Assist international institutions setting up China office
- Membership in professional associations: NAFSA, ICEF
China Education International (Eduwo.com)
CEI was established in 1996. During the past fifteen years, it has become a leading Chinese education service provider which specializes in study abroad services, transnational education projects and educational training. Fifteen years of continuous development has built CEI’s reputation as a center of excellence in its industry. Today, CEI has 4 branches all over China, 1 office in Melbourne, and 200 employees including 120 at our Beijing headquarters, most of whom are overseas graduates committed to providing high quality professional education services.
CEI has been engaging in study abroad services through our portal, Eduwo.com, which now has 100,000 aily visitors and ranks top 1 in this market. It combines study abroad industry with the internet to provide free consultancy services with DIY online application. The website has a database of over 400 institutions and 40,000 programmes, on which we have dedicated operation staff working. Its services enable students to review the information of different universities, choose and compare different programmes, and apply online all by themselves. It is a very cost and time effective way for Chinese students who are studying abroad. Most importantly, students will get their desired university and programme in this fair and transparent way.
CEI has longstanding cooperation and friendship with 200 excellent institutions in 20 countries, including the USA, UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and all over Europe. We are proud of our Chinese students and graduates all over the world, who regularly achieve high academic results and always show themselves as people of discipline and dignity.
CEI has been engaging in developing joint projects for Chinese and foreign institutions. Our flagship projects include Asia Australian Business College at Liaoning University, College of International Education at Henan University, and programs between Beijing Institute of Technology and Australian National University. The University of Idaho China Office and Country Representative China Victoria University Office are both set up through CEI.
Beijing Huaheng Education and Cultural Exchange Center (Huageng Education) is approved by Chinese Ministry of Education and is directly under the International Cooperation Center of National Development and Reform Commission
Huaheng Education is specialized in intermediary service for self-funded study abroad, education training, and international educational and cultural exchange.
Continuously Ranked Annually Ranked on multiple occasions, Huaheng Education has obtained excellent reputation in China’s national study abroad industry. They were ranked within the top three for “Service Quality and Degree of Public Concern” in Service Investigation to Legal Studying Abroad Intermediary Agency.
Where we Service Huaheng Education has built up cooperative relationship with hundreds of universities in the USA, UK, New Zealand, Australia and Canada.
Founded in 2004, Baili Top Education Group (Beijing Baili Top Education Consulting Co., Ltd) has more than 1,000 staff driven by fully operational customer services.
Baili Top Education Group covers overseas study consulting, career planning, application for universities overseas, visa handling and guidance, and ‘one-on-one’ exam training for overseas studying.
Core Values Insisting on the core value of ‘Customer Oriented, Pursuit of Excellence, Concern for Staff’, and taking ‘To Meet Customer Needs’ as core, Baili Top Education Group creates the best service for customers and continuously exceeds their expectations.
Customer Service System We built a level-by-level supervision service assurance system by applying a completely transparent service mode, a unified system management, and regular first-rate service feedback to perfect each item of service as well as possible.
In Media Baili has been featured on renowned media like Sina, Netease, Sohu, by channeling our message, ‘To Impart Knowledge, To Improve Capacity, To Realize Dream of Going to Elite School, To Repay Society’. This is our mission and we are always persisting in providing top-quality service for customers.
Eight Points International Education
Founded in 2014, Juli Technology (Beijing) Co., Ltd has been a leading education company with an online recruitment platform named Quanku and it has successfully established profound partnership with over 300 domestic foreign institutions together with numbers of education training agencies. Team founders of Juli are all entrepreneurs and elites from fields of study abroad industry, language training and the Internet industry. Based on internet technology and with colleges and universities as channel, we established a sustainable development of education ecosystem through combination of online and offline pattern in language training, study abroad services and services after abroad. We have already recruited dozens of professional consultants and teachers of IELTS and TOEFL.
Eight Points International Education, which is a sub-brand of Beijing Juli Technology Co., Ltd adopted online one-to-many teaching method and interactive platform to share the outstanding educational resources in big cities like Beijing and to solve the problems in present education such as shortage of superior teachers in the lower-tier cities, old contents, information asymmetry and so on.
Actively seeking partners:
Contact: Yuki Lin
Mobile :13810821023 Telephone: 010-88510279
Xindaya School, Training Center, China Foreign Language Bureau, Building 7, No.35 Yard, Chegongzhuang West Road, Haidian District, Beijing, P.R. China
Super Mother Overseas Study Service is a provider of on the ground the service in America.
A professional in the overseas study industry, also in education, in psychological assistance, and employment and training. Students studying abroad in the US can receive services such as: life skill training, communication skills, psychological support, knowledge of law, medical support, finding work etc. SM provides a comprehensive service system and total care package, providing parents and students alike with piece of mind.